Advanced Innovative Engineering (AIE), is Lichfield, (Staffordshire) based engineering company serving customers across the globe within Aerospace, Automotive and Marine industries. We are currently looking for experienced candidates for Purchasing and Material Control role. Within this role, you will be responsible for AIE’s supply chain management by locating, developing, defining, negotiating with suppliers and maintaining the inventory.
Your duties include:
- To negotiate and place purchase orders, ensuring schedule reporting and delivery promises are maintained by suppliers with information communicated to the project and engineering teams.
- To expedite orders in accordance with purchase order requirements.
- Work with business units to communicate and improve delivery update systems accordingly.
- Review and develop existing suppliers, negotiate contracts with new suppliers
- Identification of cost savings across the business and streamlining purchasing function
- Management of supplier performance including development plans and reviews
- Review current KPI’s and creation of new ones
- Dealing with supplier enquiries and acknowledgements
- Completion of reporting, reviewing documentation and purchase order information
- Research and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Monitor Supplier Performance and provide feedback
- Budgeting, Manage Approved Suppliers, Liaise and support the Business Development team during enquiry phase of projects with the review of Suppliers quotes
- Development of strategic supplier base
- Complete commercial checks of payment terms, delivery terms and Terms and Conditions
Hours and environment
38 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm (30 minute lunch) Friday 8.30am to 12.30pm
Your role will require working with a variety of Software Packages including EFACS (ERP) and Microsoft office
Skills and interests
Your Skills need to include:
- Understanding materials, equipment and services in a related service orientated business
- Proven track record in a commercial engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface with an internal/external customer/suppliers
- Flexible with regard to tasks and working hours
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to get best value
- Proactive and focused
Salary and Holidays
Holiday: 21 days plus statutory bank holidays
Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire