As a CNC machinist, develop and manufacture components for AIE’s new products and development programmes. You will also seek to improve the performance and efficiency of the manufacture of components both internally and externally working with AIE’s development staff suppliers and external suppliers when needed.
Your duties include
Planning machining by studying works orders models, technical drawings, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting dimensions and tolerances.
- Programing CNC machinery by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Setting-up CNC machinery by installing and adjusting any job holding fixtures as required
- Machining components as required for prototype and production engines and products.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to AIE standards.
- Maintaining specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Producing and updating regular progress reports for project managers and clients on the software packages used by the company
Hours and environment
38 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm (30 minute lunch) Friday 8.30am to 12.30pm
Your work will be mainly CNC machine and computer-based, working with a variety of Software Packages including SolidWorks, EFACS and MS Office. You may also be required to travel to meet suppliers
Skills and interests
Your Skills need to include:
- A creative approach for generating new ideas
- A good knowledge of CNC Machining and programming
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Good team working skills
- An appreciation of business demands
- An awareness of the environmental impact of design ideas.
- Eagerness to Learn