Advanced Innovative Engineering (AIE) is Lichfield (Staffordshire) based engineering company serving customers across the globe within Aerospace, Automotive and Marine industries. We are currently looking for experienced Project Managers to work various customer projects. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the engineering projects and co-ordinating with the customers.
Your duties include:
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Initiate the project by checking the feasibility, workout the budget, team and other resources needed
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending action along with co-ordinating the team to keep them on track and keeping the project on budget.
- Identify and manage any risk factors to ensure the timely delivery of the project.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains project database entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with relevant regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Lead the companies interface with customers on all aspect of technical and programmatic requirements during all stages of the project and report the progress on a regular basis
- Keep a close communication in place in relation to the project with all relevant stakeholders within the customer including the AIE’s management.
- Handle any customer queries in relation to the project professionally.
- Travel to customer sites (national, international) for any meetings if required
Hours and environment
38 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm (30 minute lunch) Friday 8.30am to 12.30pm
Your work will require working with a variety of Software Packages including EFACS (CRM) and Microsoft office
Skills and interests
Your Skills need to include:
- Requirements Analysis
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Process Improvement
- Technical Understanding
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Documentation Skills
- Customer Service
- Compliance to the standards
- Work under pressure
External training will be organised as required
Salary and Holidays
Holiday: 21 days plus statutory bank holidays
Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire