An opportunity has emerged for a Manufacturing engineer at Advanced Innovative Engineering (AIE) UK Ltd. A.I.E has built a world class reputation for next generation Wankel rotary engines. Our product performs in a number of market sectors: Aerospace, marine, automotive and power generation. We have customers range from first tier vehicle manufacturers to high performance niche sports cars.
A.I.E’s strength is in our close-knit, team working environment. Design, prototyping, R&D development and manufacturing are all within our high-tech facility in the heart of the country at Lichfield.
This person MUST have a CAN-DO attitude and willing to do the extra-miles when required. He / she will always seek solutions and he / she will be willing to take on various challenges.
New Product Introduction
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading the definition and the implementation of production processes as part of the APQP process and PPAP activities
Lead continuous improvement activities to improve product margin and support the development of lean manufacturing technics such as process waste elimination, one-piece flow, 5S, visual factory, SMED, Poka-Yoka, Quality response, & production and PC&L support.
- Process flow / PFMEA
- Production training
- Support local 8D (Problem solving tools / 5 Why / Fishbone diagram)
- Machine / workstation definition, sourcing and final buy off
- Tooling / Fixture / equipment definition and sourcing
- Visual Work instructions (VWI) or Standard operating instructions (SOP)
- Manufacturing floor layout development from Good ins to Dispatch
- Packaging development / sourcing and validation
- Tools and fixture development (Production & CMM tooling / fixture and Gauges development)
- Process optimization to meet customer Tact-Time
- Budget creation and justification (ROI)
- Establish manning level
- Bottleneck elimination / and work balance & MTM analysis
- Engineering Change Management
- Development and optimization of Material Flow diagram analysis (Spaghetti chart)
- TPM development and implementation
- MSA studies on measuring equipment
- Production files creation in line with PPAP requirement & customer requirement (traceability)
- Develop first / off procedure, identify SC and CC and set up monitoring system based on SPC charts.
- AutoCAD Lt version knowledge (2019 onwards)
- Solid work software working knowledge
- IT network and associated IT hardware / software knowledge such as scanning / workstation networking
- Microsoft package (Excel, PowerPoint essentially)
- MTM / Work balance analysis
- Basic Quality control system
Experience / Background
- Automotive / Aerospace experience in a high precision mechanical environment
- Proven experience in launching New Product
- Lean practitioner (5S / SMED / 1 piece flow concept / etc.)
- Quick learner and can apply or transfer / adapt their skills to the business
We will consider qualification in HND, degree level or equivalent relevant experiences.
Hours and environment
38 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm (30 minute lunch) Friday 8.30am to 12.30pm
Rare travels to customers / suppliers may be required
Salary and Holidays
Salary: Depending on Experience
Holiday: 21 days plus statutory bank holidays