An opportunity has emerged for a Maintenance technician at Advanced Innovative Engineering (AIE) UK Ltd. A.I.E has built a world class reputation for next generation Wankel rotary engines. Our product performs in several market sectors: Aerospace, marine, automotive and power generation. We have customers range from first tier vehicle manufacturers to high performance niche sports cars.
A.I.E’s strength is in our close-knit, team working environment. Design, prototyping, R&D development and manufacturing are all within our high-tech facility in the heart of the country at Lichfield.
As a Maintenance Technician, your role will vary day-to-day and you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary skills team to develop, test and valid hybrid systems.
- Experience with electronics / Electrical
- Experience making harnesses (preferred)
- Must be able to read and create basic electrical drawings and schematics
- Computer literate (Microsoft software and specific to electrical drawings)
- PLC programming will be an advantage / understanding of logic-based function
- Hands-on experience in wiring / cabling from drawings or from experience
- Hybrid system knowledge will be an advantage
- Troubleshooting of electrical system
- Able to use basic hand tools such as soldering equipment / gripping tools / wiring tools
- Able to make basic mechanical components by use standard machine (lathe, etc.)
- Modification of automotive harness or similar electrical systems to customer specifications
- Wiring of test rigs / core engine / test chambers or similar systems / equipment
- Monitor and record data for on-going tests
- Troubleshooting of electrical / electronic systems
- Development of electrical system to support development activity
- Creation of electrical documentations
- General maintenance activities on test rigs / equipment (Mechanical / Electrical)
- Supporting various equipment and product / system installation
- NVQ / BTEC qualification or above
- Any required training will be given both on the job and via any specialised courses. You will work as part of a team, which includes highly experienced and sociable engineers.
Hours and environment
38 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm (30-minute lunch) Friday 8.30am to 12.30pm
Salary and Holidays
Salary: £ per annum (negotiable based on experience/qualification)
Holiday: 21 days plus statutory bank holidays