AIE install advanced Dyno Test Cell installation to aid development of world-class rotary engines
Following the installation of a market-leading Prop Test Cell, Advanced Innovative Engineering (AIE) have added a state-of-the-art Dyno Test Cell to their premises in Lichfield.
The company, who design, develop and build market-leading rotary engines using patented technology, already use a computer controlled Prop Test Cell to develop their engines. While this test cell helps control variables such as temperature, fuel flow and pressure, the brand new Dyno test cell will help the engineers to measure the horse power and torque of their market-leading engines.
Nathan Bailey, Managing Director of AIE, said: “We’re using patented cooling technology to develop and build rotary engines that have a high power to weight ratio, are long lasting and offer a low total cost of ownership.
“To do this we need to be able to put our engines through their paces. Rigorous testing of all our products is essential for both us and our customers and that’s why we have made this significant investment in a brand new Dyno Test Cell.”
The Dyno Test Cell allows more accurate engine testing by providing a uniform test environment and creating a safer environment for test technicians. Designed to help AIE develop their range of rotary engines, it has been installed at the company’s premises in Lichfield, in the heart of the UK’s aerospace design and manufacturing industry.
- AIE Selects HFE International as Engine Sales & Services Provider
- RET Magazine Reviews the Rotary’s Return to Motorsport
- Study Award Drives Future of Rotary Motorcycle Engine
- Low-Carbon Range Extender Study Wins NVN Grant
- AIE Rotary Returns to its Origins for Engine Expo 2017
- APC Funds an Intelligent Future for Niche Vehicles
- Influencing Future R&D at Nucleus Expo 2017
- Developing Emerging Technologies Driven by UAVs
- Lichfield’s AIE Featured in Chamberlink Magazine
- AIE Give ‘RISE’ to Rotary Efficiency Feasibility Study